Sarajevo tram operator chief resigns after fatal accident, says vehicle was technically sound

Senad Mujagic, director of Sarajevo’s public transport company GRAS, resigned on Monday and addressed the public for the first time following a fatal tram accident that killed a young man. Speaking emotionally, Mujagic defended the company’s safety standards and insisted the tram involved in the incident was technically sound.
Oglas
At a press conference, Mujagic said he had been present throughout the aftermath of the tragedy but was warned by authorities not to make public statements because he is part of an ongoing investigation.
“I am part of the investigative process and I am not allowed to give statements. That night, someone misused my attempt to provide support,” Mujagic said. He explained that union representatives had informed him the detained tram driver, Adnan Kasapovic, was in poor condition and suggested he visit him. Mujagic said he went to the detention facility but was denied access and instead asked a police officer to relay his presence. “He told me he heard me and that it meant something to him. But someone misused that,” he added.
Mujagic, who began his career at GRAS as a rank-and-file worker, said he never expected to become the company’s general director. He confirmed he had informed employees of his decision to step down.
He also highlighted longstanding operational challenges at GRAS, Sarajevo’s main public transport provider. “When I arrived, there was nothing — empty warehouses, no fuel. Now everything is full,” he said.
Addressing questions about maintenance, Mujagic said tram vehicles undergo regular technical checks and are operated by trained professionals. He insisted the tram involved in the fatal accident was in proper working order.
“We lost 40 routes because we refused to operate defective vehicles. There are 220 destroyed vehicles lying unused. I was head of bus transport for seven years - maybe two buses had technical failures. Someone was deliberately destroying this company,” he said.
He also maintained that all public procurement procedures were conducted in accordance with the law.
Authorities are continuing to investigate the circumstances of the accident.
Kakvo je tvoje mišljenje o ovome?
Učestvuj u diskusiji ili pročitaj komentare
Oglas
Kakvo je tvoje mišljenje o ovome?
Učestvuj u diskusiji ili pročitaj komentare
Oglas
NAJČITANIJE
Oglas
Oglas
Najnovije
Oglas
Oglas